stat counter

Sunday, November 1, 2015

ROMANCING THE ROBOTS

     One of the coolest things about my art teacher job is that, at times, I get to be a kid again.  On a good day, being surrounded by thirty 10-year-olds can do that to you.
                    Mr. Terry, surrounded by his students

    I've always made my own Halloween costumes.  When I was eleven I donned a yellow raincoat, poked two holes in a box and put it over my head.  Instant robot.
  


 I did the same thing with my students this week.  Our school cafeteria's food comes in boxes; they toss out dozens everyday. We turn them into masks.

   After we completed them we had a robot parade walking stiffly around Winston Park Elementary. 

   We had a happy Halloween.  I hope you do too.









                                                             ______________________

No comments:

Post a Comment