stat counter

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

TOWERS OF YOGURT

     I've got this box of big plastic, yogurt containers at school.

Every year I take them out so my students can compete to see which team can best stack them top-to-bottom. 

   The tallest tower built in two minutes wins.  Its a great game and they're so light that when they tumble down, no one gets hurt.
     I'm always asked, "How did you get so many yogurt containers?".  I shrug and say, "My wife and I eat at lot of yogurt".  

     Francesca and I made it for the first time last weekend.  It was surprising easy.  Basically,  you heat milk, add a dab of yogurt, then let it sit in warm place. 

We used a little cooler half-filled with hot water.  The "good bacteria" grew for 12 hours  inside a glass jar until it got thick with home-made yogurt!
   There are plenty of recipes on the Internet.
   You can also let your kids build glass jar towers but I wouldn't recommend it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment