stat counter

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

IN THE TRENCHES TONIGHT

      Francesca came home tonight bummed.  She had just finished a stint making calls from our local Obama for President office.  There were many good stories to share but one had upset her. 
      An angry man asked, "Obama?  Why would I vote for a Muslim?" 
When my wife pointed out that the President was a Christian he replied, "You have no idea of what it means to be a Christian!".  After Francesca let him know she was raised in the Catholic faith,  the angry guy told her -just before he hung up- "That's just as bad".
  
       I asked her if any of her of calls had left her feeling good and she said most had.  She mentioned one in particular.
A Spanish-speaking man told Francesca, "I am old and I am dying, but before I go, I'll be voting for President Obama again." 
       Thinking about this, and the other nice people she had talked to, made her feel better.

   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment